The project contributed to community development by strengthening the institutional and methodological capacities of community-based NGOs and promoted their cooperation with local government agencies on the basis of participatory democracy.
- Institutional and methodological capacities of local NGOs strengthened through training sessions and seminars on fundraising, strategic planning, grant writing and grant management.
- The role of civil society organizations at the regional level has increased by promoting dialogue between NGOs and local government bodies.
- Parent groups were strengthened and encouraged in their participation in policy-making processes.
- 20 organizations from each region participated in trainings
- 208 civil society organizations (with 346 representatives) from 10 regions and Yerevan increased their capacity
- 208 civil society organizations developed their strategic plans
- 208 community-based organizations increased their knowledge of grant management
- Stakeholder dialogue took place in all regions and Yerevan
- 11 public discussions were held (one in each region and in the capital) dedicated to strengthening participatory democracy
- A round table with participation of delegates from all regions of RA was held in Yerevan
- A manual for CSO leaders, public initiatives and parents’ groups was developed and shared among all stakeholders
- 208 CSOs (with 346 representatives), public initiatives and parent groups from 10 regions and Yerevan increased their institutional capacities.
Project completion date: 2014