Regular sports provide an opportunity to appreciate values such as respect, team spirit, diligence, courtesy, and personal success that are important for the social and professional integration of young people.
The “Génération Sport” project had 2 components. The first part was intended to equip 15 secondary schools in the territory of the Republic of Armenia with sports equipment. The selection of the above 15 schools was made on a competitive basis. 1,000,000 (one million) AMD was provided for the sports equipment of each school.
To participate in the competition, students and their teachers had to make a video about the school. The video (less than 10 minutes) had to tell about school, school life, student achievements, student involvement in the community, the environment, and of course, the importance of sport at school.
The second component of the project was to announce a sports month, during which a number of sporting events had to be organized, such as inter-school sports competitions. The list of events was to be agreed with the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport. As well as famous athletes had been invited to share their experiences, emphasize the importance of sports in life, and present their social role.
- 21,938 students were involved in the shooting of the videos;
- 69 schools from all regions of Armenia applied for the competition;
- 16 schools received new sports equipment;
- 3,869 students were able to use the new sports equipment;
- The beneficiaries of the project were 256 students with disabilities or special educational needs;
The following schools received sports equipment:
1. Tavush region, Chinari school
2. Syunik region, Meghri N2 school
3. Shirak region, Gyumri N 30 school
4. Lori region, Vahagni school
5. Yerevan special educational complex for children with hearing disorders
6. Yerevan, school No. 33
7. Kotayk region, Akunk school
8. Armavir region, Karakert school
9. Armavir region, Lernagog school
10. Armavir region, Alashkert school
11. Ararat region, Avshar school
12. Aragatsotn region, Ashnak school
13. Vayots Dzor region, Aghavnadzor school
14. Gegharkunik region, Vardenis school # 3
15. Gegharkunik region, Sjan school No. 4
16. Gegharkunik region, Mets Masrik school
- 4 sports events were organized in Gyumri, Sevan, Lernagog schools and Yerevan special educational complex for children with hearing disorders.
- 1 sports challenge was implemented on social networks.