The Armenian Fund for Sustainable Development, in partnership with the UEFA Foundation for children, continued the “Génération Sport” project in 2021, which aims to promote sports activity among Armenian youth.
In order to motivate young people and children and help them realize their potential, the first part of the project includes equipping sports halls for 25 schools, mainly in rural areas or with disabled students.
To participate, schools sent in home videos shot by students. These short videos had to tell the story of school life, student involvement in the community and environmental protection, according to the criteria established by the project team. They should demonstrate the students’ motivation by showing their achievements in the field of sports.
Within the framework of the project, the AF4SD also organizes sports events, competitions, challenges and meetings with renowned sportsmen and women in order to promote sports activity among the youth.
The project also contributes to the inclusion of disabled children in sports activities.
- 83,325 students were involved in filming the films
- 244 schools submitted videos for the project competition
- 25 schools were pre-selected
- 9,892 students will benefit from the sports facilities
- 302 students with disabilities or special educational needs benefited from the project
- 25 schools have been selected to receive sports equipment: (Karbi village secondary school, Aragatsotn region, Baghramyan village secondary school, Ararat region, Yeghegnavan village secondary school, Ararat region, Hayanist village secondary school, Ararat region, Sis village secondary school, Ararat region, Aratashen village secondary school, Armavir region, Karmirgyukh village secondary school no. 2, Gegarkunik region, Geghamavan village secondary school, Gegarkunik region, Vaghashen village secondary school, Gegarkunik region, Yerevan city school No. 3, Yerevan city school No. 136, Alaverdi school No. 10, Lori region, Spitak basic school No. 5, Lori region, Vanadzor basic school No. 16, Lori region Basic School No. 11 in Hrazdan, Kotayk region, Secondary School in Ptghni village, Kotayk region, Secondary School No. 1 in Kasakh, Kotayk region, Basic School No. 7 in Gyumri, Shirak region, Secondary School in Landjik village, Shirak region, Basic School No. 3 in Goris, Syunik region, Kornidzor village secondary school, Syunik region, Yeghegnadzor No. 3 school, Vayots Dzor region, Aygedzor village secondary school, Tavush region, Baghanis village secondary school, Tavush region, Vazashen village secondary school, Tavush region․
- 2 official handovers were organized;
- 3 meetings were organized with renowned sportsmen: Arthur Alexanyan (Greco-Roman wrestler, silver (2021), gold (2016) and bronze (2012) medalist at the Olympic Games, five times European champion and three times World champion), Nazik Avdalyan (world champion in weightlifting (2009), European champion in 2008 and 2016), Arman NERSESYAN (goalkeeper) and Zhirayr SHAGHOYAN (striker) National soccer team of Armenia;
- 2 sports events were organized in the schools N°30 of Gyumri (school beneficiary of 2020) and N°2 of Spitak;
- 1 sports challenge launched on social networks;
- 1 newly formed soccer team (Gheghashen village, Kotayk region) received sports clothes and balls.